A 14 day yoga challenge to share poses and transform them into a sequence at the end of the week.
Pose Number 1
Child’s pose (Balasana)
- Great pose to start your sequence with as it eases you in gently and gets the mind in the right space to begin your practice. Really good pose for beginners as it helps you acclimatise to experiencing yoga for the first time.
- The main physical benefits of this pose are: stretching the lower back muscles, loosening the hip muscles and also stretches off the shoulders.
Pose Number 2
Low cobra (Bhujangasana)
- Coaching points: keep elbows and hands tucked in, squeeze shoulder blades, keep chin up, and push hips & tops of feet into the floor.
- Amazing deep stretch for the lower back and the shoulders.
- Strengthens arms and shoulders.
Pose Number 3
Downward facing dog (Adho mukha śvānāsana)
- Coaching points: hands & feet a mat width apart, raise hips as high as possible (adjust hand and foot position to suit this), lower chin towards chest and gaze between legs, soft elbows and knees, stay on tip toes.
- Hold position for 4 exhales.
- Big stretch and strengthen for the whole body!
Pose Number 4 - 1st pose of sequence: Warrior 1 & extended version (Virabhadrasana A)
- Great for creating strength in the legs and flexibility in the spine and shoulders.
- BE A WARRIOR not a worrier.